Item #1: New Shades for the Sun Room
A little over a month ago I had actually roped my mom into helping me start on this project that we bought the fabric for over a year ago. The shades in our sun room have been falling apart since we moved in, but we thought it would be more cost effective (if not time efficient) to make the new shades rather than have them made. 7 windows that are 5 ft by 3 ft (the panes, not including the molding surrounding them) is a lot of window to get covered, no matter how you look at it. After beginning the project we realized that it is going to take us a while and it is more complex than we had anticipated...nonetheless, I think that if we are diligent we actually have a shot at getting this done before the baby arrives.
Item #2: Get a big girl bed for Madelyn and move her into it
Justin and I have been putting this off since it involved taking down the queen size guest bed in her room and getting it to my parents house somehow, as well as actually getting a bed and mattress for Madelyn. Then, Justin and I made a plan to get it done this weekend only to be thwarted by not having an extra person available nor a vehicle to transport furniture. Luckily for us, friends of ours (Matt and Becki, along with their son Cole) called and offered to help us out Saturday morning by providing extra man (and woman) power as well as their mini van. With their help we got a new bed and mattress for Madelyn at Ikea, tore down the old bed, and got it to my parents house. Madelyn is now ready to go in her big girl bed! (Original plans may have included painting the bed white before setting it up, but for now we're just happy to have a bed for her to sleep in :)
|This is the bed that we picked up from Ikea, actual pictures will hopefully be posted soon :)|
The room for the kids has a big disadvantage: it has no closet. The small dresser and armoire functioning as a dresser/closet in Madelyn's room wasn't really enough storage for Madelyn but we were making it work. However, with the addition of another child's clothing and other things a new storage solution was needed. Once again, thanks to our friends coming to our rescue this weekend, we were able to get a wardrobe storage system from Ikea which will provide significantly more storage for us without taking up much more floor space. It isn't anchored to the wall yet, the inside pieces still need to be put together, and the doors that we wanted weren't in stock, but we are much closer than we were to this goal.
|This is the PAX storage system from Ikea|
This needs to happen...soon.
Item #5: Fixing/Removing the shower doors in the bathroom
I strongly dislike the shower doors, particularly after 2 years of giving Madelyn baths in that tub. Now that one of the doors is broken I have the excuse I need to just get rid of them. We are having someone come take a look at it in a few weeks, so I consider that progress towards this goal :)
Item #6: Repaint the Living/Dining Room
This is probably not going to happen...let's just be realistic here.
Item #7: General cleaning out/organizing of closets and other storage in the house to make things easier once the baby comes
I still really want this to happen...at some point