Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Four Month Update

On February 5th Evan was 4 months old!

Our laptop is on the fritz so I can't currently get to my photos to upload and although I love my iPad, writing a blog post on it is more challenging so I am going to keep this short :)

Evan's stats:
Length: 25 1/2 inches (70th percentile)
Weight: 13 lbs 10oz (20th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16 inches (20th percentile)

Evan has become a very social baby, cooing and vocalizing most of his awake time, and smiling whenever he is interacted with,  He has continued to be a very happy baby and loves to watch his sister in whatever she is doing.  Evan is becoming more sturdy every day and if given his choice prefers to be standing with some stabilization.  He has also started rolling over so tummy time doesn't happen very often any more since he just rolls over :). So far he hasn't rolled from back to front, but it is probably on the horizon.  He really likes his bouncy seat, but is not all that interested in the playmat or swing which is a big contrast from Madelyn at this age.  He is also starting to show signs on teething and has some telltale white bumps below the surface of his gums.  Consequently he is putting everything he can get into his mouth, a tedtament to his improved hand/eye coordination.  He likes toys, particularly rattles and teething toys.  He frequently laughs when he is being interacted with...sometimes Madelyn asks why he is laughing at her sice she doesn't necessarily think it is a laughing situation.

The only hiccup we have had is that Evan currently has a mild case of RSV, but he has not had breathing trouble and we are hoping he will be on the mend soon.  He definitely shows a dislike for the nasal saline when I squirt it up his nose :(

All in all it has been a lot of fun to see him grow and change these last few months!

4 comments:

LyndaLyndaBoBindaMeMyMoMinda said...

I love the updates!!!!

LyndaLyndaBoBindaMeMyMoMinda said...

I love reading the updates! I am so glad that he is laughing at Madelyn. Tell her to get used to it. When he gets older, he'll laugh at her just to bug her. hehehe.

LyndaLyndaBoBindaMeMyMoMinda said...

The computer said that I could not leave a message unless I changed the email account that I was using. So I did. Only to discover that my first message was left. Sorry! I hope I can see you and the kids soon!

Unknown said...

I hope we can see you soon too! If not sooner we should see you at Katelyn's wedding.