Friday, April 26, 2013

Spring?

Today we FINALLY had decent weather (it actually hit 71 degrees according to my phone).  Considering that when I drove home from work on Monday night it was snowing heavily, I would call this a win.  Hopefully we are finally done with winter!  I shouldn't have to put on snowpants in April...

Since the weather was beautiful it seemed like a good day to get out of the house and spend some time at the park.

Here are a couple of pictures I got with my phone (thus the less than amazing quality) and some video of Madelyn on a big girl swing and Evan trying out the baby swing.


Tonight, after Evan was in bed and Madelyn and I were hanging out in her room talking I asked her what her favorite part of the day was (fully expecting that she would say being outside or going to the park) but she said "When we cleaned up my playroom together mom - that was teamwork."  That is a good reminder for me not to underestimate the value of simply doing things together.

3 comments:

LyndaLyndaBoBindaMeMyMoMinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LyndaLyndaBoBindaMeMyMoMinda said...

"Say hi, Maddie." So she says, "Hi, Maddie!" How can you not love that! And that little girl! Evan looks like he is a mellow swinger. hehehe.

Elise said...

Love the picture of Madelyn looking at Evan in the swing. Too cute! And also that Madelyn used the word "teamwork". Oh the funny things kids say...