Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rapunzel?

Ok...Rapunzel is an exaggeration.  Madelyn's hair is not that long.  However, she was born with long hair (for a newborn) and it has just kept on growing.  By 7 months old it was not difficult to put her hair in pigtails.

It's been a lot of fun to play with Madelyn's hair, although now at 16 months old she is slightly less inclined to sit still for me to put pigtails in her hair than she was before she was walking.

It's funny the things that Madelyn picks up on.  For instance, recently when Madelyn was asked if we should comb her hair she went and found her bottle of detangler spray.  I would not have guessed that she would have made that association, but since we have been using the spray for more than half of her life almost every time we comb her hair, it makes sense.

Barrettes are great when they work.  I really like the barrettes I have found at Petite Peppermint. Unlike many baby hair accessories these are actually designed to be functional.  Now, when Madelyn's hair is in her eyes, she will try to find a barrette and either hand it to someone to put in her hair or try to do it herself.  Of course, she is also now dexterous enough to take the barrettes out of her hair too, but most of the time she leaves them alone.

Here she is sporting the side barrette look (the one she is almost always wearing).


Someday I think I will be able to put her hair in pigtails again, but for now this is pretty much the look we are going with.

2 comments:

LyndaLyndaBoBindaMeMyMoMinda said...

Is Maddie still wearing the baby barrettes or has she graduated to the little girl size? I am having trouble commenting sometimes because it does not always like the email I am signed onto. I will get the hang of it,soon, I hope. :-)

Unknown said...

She is still wearing the baby barrettes. Her hair isn't thick enough for the little girl barrettes yet...although I think it is just a matter of time.