Sunday, November 4, 2012

4 Week Update

Evan is four weeks old!  He is spending more time awake during the day watching what is going on around him.  He is also starting to settle into some schedule patterns.  He likes to take a long early afternoon nap, and he usually goes to bed 30 minutes to an hour after Madelyn and then is up to eat 2-3 times before we get up in the morning.  He likes the bouncy seat, sometimes he likes the swing, and he likes to be held.  I got out the Baby Bjorn carrier this week and he likes to be carried around in that while I am doing things around the house.  Here are Evan's four week pictures:



Things have gotten more challenging with Madelyn.  She is acting out more, and doing a lot of things to try and get attention.  She has also starting taking out some frustration on Evan, trying to hit him and throwing things at him several times a day.  Despite time outs, losing toys and treats, she continues to escalate her behavior.  I am working on making sure that I spend some 1 on 1 time with her as well, particularly if Evan is content to be in the swing or bouncer for a while.  When I make an effort to give her attention separately from Evan things tend to go better.  I am still learning how to balance having both of the kids, especially since Evan needs so much of my attention at this stage.  I am so thankful that my mom has been coming on the weekdays when I don't have a babysitter for the late morning and afternoon to help manage both of the kids and also giving me a chance to do things like throw in laundry in the basement, and maybe even get a couple of things done around the house without worrying about the two kids. Slowly we are adjusting to the new normal of having two children.

1 comment:

Elise said...

This isn't probably age appropriate for your two, but just for a smile (and maybe for down the road too) check this out:

http://wearethatfamily.com/2012/11/mom-truth/27999_10151249300607240_671835121_n/