Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Evan and Madelyn

5 and a half weeks into my maternity leave I am starting to feel like the kids and I are finding some patterns and some ways of coping.  By the time I need to go back to work I should have this all figured out...

Evan continues to be a happy and relaxed baby except from about 6 pm-10pm when he gets really fussy.  For a while we were managing to get him to bed not much after Madelyn, but over the last 5 days or so he has become much more unhappy and unwilling to go to bed.  He had his first bottle last week and thought it was an excellent way to eat.  I was afraid he would struggle with nursing after the ease of the bottle, but so far so good.  He loves to be held and wants to be where the action is, even if he ends up sleeping through it.

initially Evan was not thrilled with the photos being taken

take 2 went a little better :)



Madelyn is settling down some into the routine of me being home and having Evan around.  We have also really stepped up the potty training so that has been another change in her life.  She is making progress daily and only wears a pull-up during her nap and a diaper overnight, otherwise when we are home she only wears underwear.  Most days she has at least one accident and she is a pretty hesitant about pooping in the toilet, but when I am with her I am pretty good at picking up on her signals and reminding her to use the toilet and not to go in her underwear.  Yesterday she was accident free all day, but today has not been as good.  Still, overall I think she is improving and she is starting to be proud of herself for keeping her underwear clean.

Yesterday, with the snowfall, Madelyn wanted to get on her winter boots and go play in the snow.  I had to tell her that she did not yet have winter boots since she had grown out of the ones from last year and we just hadn't purchased any yet this year.  She looked at me and said "Mommy, I need snow boots."  She is getting more verbal all the time.  Today we got her some boots :)

don't you think the giant bandaid adds a lot? She has a small cut but she won't leave little bandaids on, thus the giant one covering her entire forehead.



No comments: