Sunday, October 28, 2012

3 Weeks Old Already!

On Friday Evan was 3 weeks old.  In some ways I can't believe time has gone so quickly but in others (like sleep deprivation) it feels like time is going slowly.

Madelyn is reacting more strongly to Evan, especially acting out when I am feeding him and not able to pay a lot of attention to her.  If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to deal effectively with Madelyn while feeding Evan I would be happy to hear them!

My first week alone with the kids went pretty well.  I use "alone" pretty loosely since I went to my mom's on Monday, had Robin come for a few hours on Tuesday to watch Madelyn, and my sister was here with my mom Wednesday through Friday for late morning and afternoon hours.  I am feeling extremely fortunate to have so much help!  I have pretty much managed to get in a nap most days and I knew I had help coming when I was starting to feel overwhelmed.  Still there are definitely challenges :)

Evan is starting to have more of a pattern both overnight and during the day. He is generally a pretty happy baby although he is more fussy in the evenings.  He likes to be held and snuggled, but he is often ok with being set down, which is good since Madelyn needs attention too.  He is fascinated watching Madelyn play and spends a good portion of his happy awake time watching her.

Pictures should be posted shortly!

1 comment:

Elise said...

You could try singing the song of her choice when Madelyn is acting up. It might help Madelyn feel like she's getting attention, but it's something for which you don't need a free hand. Also, could try reading a book with Madelyn holding the book and turning the pages for you.

Let me know if you want company some morning. The girls and I would be happy to stop by any day we're free.