Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Day on the Lake

On Saturday, to celebrate my birthday, we spent the afternoon on Lake Minnetonka with my parents, Justin's mom, and my aunt, uncle, and cousin.  Madelyn's biggest frustration with being out on a boat is that she is not in the water.  Her second biggest frustration is that we make her sit down while the boat is moving.  Even with that, everyone had a really good time and Madelyn was a good sport.

For a while in the afternoon we beached the boat at a sandy cove on one of the islands in the southwest part of the lake.  Here are a couple of pictures from our afternoon.

Madelyn and Daddy had a fun time swimming in the lake and blowing kisses.


Walking in the sand and in the water with Grandpa




Playing in the sand


 This picture is my favorite from the day:


Being out on a boat encompasses so many of my favorite things about summer - sun, water, relaxation...but by the end of the night there was a definite chill in the air which reminded me of how my birthday signals the beginning of the end of summer.


2 comments:

Elise said...

It's so funny to see her just sitting in the sand like it's no big deal... because, it is no big deal, but someone in our house doesn't see things that way. Nice to enjoy the beach without a screaming fit because sand is touching you. What's that like?!?! :-)

Unknown said...

I have to say, it's pretty good. Last summer with the sand wasn't as great since she rubbed it in her eyes, but this summer she seems to do pretty well, except for the occasional desire she has to eat the sand. Alethea will learn to love it I am sure.