Friday, August 12, 2011

Eventually

No one has ever accused me of being on the cutting edge of technology.  I didn't have IM until I was in college. I didn't start a facebook page until after college when I was at the wedding of one of my college roomates and she and another friend threatened to stop keeping me up to date with their lives unless I got on facebook.  My dad got a touchscreen phone before I did (but I do have one now).  I still don't have cable, but at least we got a DVD player that streams Netflix.  Clearly it took me a while to start a blog.  I started using Pandora internet radio like 3 weeks ago.

I have to say that Pandora has been a huge revelation in my life...we now have created 6 different stations for Madelyn each of which can play great children's music in the car, at home through the DVD player or the computer, or on our phones when we are out somewhere.  The most recent station we created for her is a lullaby station and from it we found a lullaby album that we really like by Jewel (Lullaby).  One of Madelyn's favorite stations is "Row, Row, Row Your Boat Radio."

Every time I embrace a technology medium that most people I know have been using for a long time I think "this is so great, what took me so long?"  I don't have an answer...but I do get there eventually.

No comments: