Monday, August 29, 2011

Have Passport, Will Travel

Justin and I thought that we got our passports when we were pretty young.  I got mine when I was 14, Justin got his when he was 16.  This weekend we got Madelyn's passport.  It feels pretty crazy to have a passport for a 17 month old.




Nonetheless, Madelyn is now prepared to travel internationally.  Her passport is good for 5 years.  I don't think she'll look like her passport anymore by the time she is 6.

We leave for our Mediterranean cruise soon, and we are trying to make sure we have everything together.  I am a little nervous about taking Madelyn on such a long flight and also how it will go when we try to adjust her to a different time zone.  If anyone has any good ideas about how to make our trip go smoothly we are definitely open to suggestions.  In any case, I am sure we will have a great time :)

3 comments:

LyndaLyndaBoBindaMeMyMoMinda said...

I think Justin was 15 years old when he got his. :-)

beccijoy said...

Madelyn's passport picture is adorable, way cuter than my first passport picture...

Unknown said...

Justin clearly doesn't actually remember getting his first passport - the closest he could guess was 16, so it is good to know he was close :)

Becci - I remember those first passport pictures that we got. I think mine was during what I like to call my "awkward decade." Madelyn is definitely off to a better start that I was with government issued photo ids.