Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Best Day of the Week

For me Thursdays feel like a crazy rush of getting to places and a whirlwind until I finally get home at night and have to steel myself for one more day of work before the weekend.  But I am pretty sure that for Madelyn Thursdays are the best day of the week.

For one thing, Madelyn sees a significant percentage of her favorite people on Thursdays.  She sees Justin and I (not really very exciting but I am going to count us anyway) and also my mom, but that does not make Thursdays special.  What makes them special is that she goes to my parent's house in the afternoon and gets to have dinner with Grandma and Grandpa.  And then she gets to play with Emma while we are all at choir practice.

We have a new routine in the morning when Madelyn gets up - she asks me where Daddy is (he has usually gone to work), and where Grandma is (and I tell her that she is coming).  Then she asks me about Grandpa and Emma.  Every day but Thursday I have to tell her that she won't see them that day.  But, on Thursdays I get to tell her that she'll see Grandpa and it is in fact "Emma Day."

1 comment:

LyndaLyndaBoBindaMeMyMoMinda said...

I'm with Maddie. I like Thursdays, too!