Saturday, November 19, 2011

Suddenly, Winter...

We live in a place with confusing weather.  Last weekend I took Madelyn to the park on Saturday morning.  I thought...it's November, it's cold, we should bundle up (at least a little).  So I wore a sweatshirt and my fleece jacked and grabbed a pair of mittens.  I had Madelyn in a long sleeved shirt, fleece jacket, puffy vest, mittens, and hat for good measure.  The park is 4 blocks away.  By the time we got there I had taken of her vest, her hat, and her mittens.  I took off my mittens and wanted to take off my coat but was running out of places to carry things.  My phone had indicated it was 45 degrees out.  It was not.  It was 60.  Nonetheless the weather was lovely and it was nice to be outside.

One week later (exactly) the clothing choices of last weekend would not have been sufficient.  We had our first snowfall today.  Technically it was not Madelyn's first snowfall.  In fact, Madelyn was fascinated by the snow last year and liked to watch it out the window.  But, today was the first time Madelyn has ever really played in the snow, so I am counting it as a first.  Also, it was the first time Madelyn has ever worn snowpants (thanks for the snowsuit Grandma!).

It brought back memories of bundling up as a kid - so many layers, so hard to move.  Madelyn did not appreciate the bundling up process.  However, Justin and I are rookies so I anticipate that next time it will go more smoothly.  Also, cute mittens from Babies R Us are fine as long as you don't try to play in the snow with them...oh well, you live and learn.



Justin is much more fun than I am when it comes to playing outside.  He and Madelyn made snow angels and threw snowballs...I took some pictures, although the snow angels happened after I put the camera back inside the house.  Madelyn had a lot of fun and kept asking for "more."  I think she just wanted Justin to keep playing with her in the snow.

3 comments:

Elise said...

She is so adorable! I know it must be frustrating not to be able to move, but I love little kids in snow suits! Thanks for posting the pics.

LyndaLyndaBoBindaMeMyMoMinda said...

She looks so big! And her nose is so red! So cute. Her grandma did a great job with the snow suit. It looks great. I'm glad that she liked playing in the snow, but am not surprised since she is an adventurous little girl.

The Three 22nds said...

I am sure she will keep loving it all the way until March! Uggh...

I think dads are always way more fun than moms when it comes to snow!