Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Fun

We decided not to head out trick-or-treating for Halloween since Madelyn is so little and we didn't think she would really be that excited about it.  However, I think it is in the cards for next year.  My parents had dinner with us and got to see Madelyn all dressed up in her costume, and Madelyn helped hand out candy to all of the neighborhood kids.



I tried having Madelyn hold the bowl of candy, but she kept throwing it down and saying "oh no" (a new phrase she picked up last week).  My next plan was to let Madelyn hand out the candy, but she thought that if she gave the kids something they should give her something back, so we quickly abandoned that plan I and just held the bowl and Madelyn and let the kids pick out their own candy.




We had more trick-or-treaters this year than we have had the past couple of years, so it was good that Justin talked me into getting two combo bags of candy and not just one.  After all, you want to have some left over :)


No comments: