Monday, October 17, 2011

Rearranging

Justin and I have lived in our condo for longer than we have ever lived anywhere else since we moved out of our parents' houses.  Moving every year or two was great for getting things cleaned out, re-assessing our space and our furniture, and getting our fill of change.  I'm not saying I like moving.  In fact, I don't like packing and unpacking and now with Madelyn I am sure it would not be that much fun.  But, now that we've been here for four and half years we are starting to get tired of things.  So, since we aren't moving we are rearranging, reconsidering, and hopefully updating :)

Over the last week and a half we have had the living room in 3 different arrangements with different furniture, gotten rid of a rug and ordered a new one, and put a bookshelf that was too much of a temptation for Madelyn into storage.  When we have made some more of the planned changes I will post about that.

The other area that we have really started to give some attention to is the sunroom.  The sunroom is one of the reasons that we bought this place - it is my favorite room in the house.  We bought a piece of furniture, spent time picking out throw pillows and painting...anyway, there was a plan.  But, plans change when you face the reality of a toddler who needs space to play.  So, we are pulling furniture out and making the space half office for my mom and half playroom for Madelyn.  It's not going to be quite the relaxing retreat room we were planning on when we bought the house, but it will be functional.  The first step was getting out the couch we bought to go in there (which is now in our living room) and making space for Madelyn to play.  Tonight I got a picture of Madelyn enjoying her new space.
More to come...

2 comments:

Elise said...

Ooohhh know I'm dying to know which rug you're getting?

Unknown said...

We ordered a pretty inexpensive one from an online store. I'll post pictures when we get it. I love the PB rug that you guys got, but with Madelyn and Aubrey and an eye on not staying in our place forever we didn't spend too much money on the one that we got